What is Magrathea?
- Magrathea is a web service to easily generate simulation terrain databases for practically anywhere in the world
- Magrathea provides an easy to use, graphical selection of areas to select for generation
- Magrathea provides a download link to pull the terrain database once generation is complete
- Magrathea provides a mechanism to generate a terrain to execute a scenario practically anywhere in the world
Magrathea includes both the services and the terrain source to truly offer terrain generation as a service
- Currently generates OTF databases and Collada files and Unity game formats, but could be expanded to other formats in the future
- Note this is not just imagery, these are constructive simulation and game terrain databases
How wall does that scale?
- StackFrame generated a World Wide Terrain Database, from 60 degrees North to 60 degrees south – a whopping 40,320 geotiles, consuming 144GB of storage
- This low resolution feature database of the world allows simultaneous vignettes to execute in hotspots around the world without restarting simulation